So full of history. So full of memory. So full of smile. So full of myth. It is all in Creta Palace.
Crete is famous for its Minoan Palaces. Inspired by their labyrinth size and simple pleasures, Creta Palace occupies an enchanting sandy beach where the Mediterranean sea turtles ˇCaretta-caretta˘ have nested since antiquity.
In the heart of the Cretan Riviera, just minutes from the old-world charm of Rethymno˘s Venetian harbour, the Creta Palace is in a class of its own. From the superbly renovated marbled foyer to the luxurious brand new guestrooms it represents - with every detail - style, quality and prestige.
Surrounded by an Eden paradise, the main hotel building and three bungalow villages, guests come across the Cretan ˇKafenion˘, a small Greek chapel and many more to discover.
Zeus, the god of hospitality was born here and Cretans honour this tradition to this day. This is certainly true at Creta Palace, where everything feels like home and you know nothing has been left to chance. As for the food, it˘s just as well that the Cretan diet is considered one of the healthiest in the world. Boasting its own traditional Cretan farm Agreco and organic produce- all fresh and all in season- Creta Palace rediscovers the essence of pleasure.
* Directly on a 13km gorgeous sandy beach * Totally redesigned reception, lobby, lobby bar, lounges and verandas * Impressive pool landscape with large pools, children˘s pool & paddling area and indoor pool * NEW exceptional restaurants, superb atrium buffet restaurant and the unique Agreco farm Cretan culinary experience * NEW look for guestrooms, bungalows suites & villas * NEW amazing Elixir Spa & authentic Indian Ayurveda Center * NEW Grecoland for kids-with overnight camp, Tasty Corner and new campus * Superb water sports & great sports facilities * Day & Evening entertainment * Impeccable service * Much loved, popular hotel * Environmentally awarded Hotel
An amazing choice of accommodation from family village life to sheer beachfront luxury.
The resort˘s timeless elegance is reflected in the light-filled, brand new ultra-luxurious rooms and suites in the main hotel with panoramic views of the sea. Lavish family accommodation, bungalow suites and elegant villas with private pools dot the luxuriant tropical gardens that surround the hotel.
The hotel is disabled friendly, bathroom doors are 66cm wide. All departments are accessible to guests in wheelchairs. Ramp section next to most of the steps in the hotel. However there are no specially adapted rooms for the disabled.
* Double Room * Bungalow * Family Bungalow * Superior Family Bungalow * Deluxe Family Bungalow
SUITES & VILLAS
* Palace Guestroom * Palace Luxury Suite * Junior Bungalow Suite * Deluxe One-bedroom Bungalow Suite Private Pool * Presidential Villa Private Pool * Creta Palace Dream Villa 3 Bedrooms & Private Pool
FACILITIES & SERVICES
* 100.000m˛ landscaped estate * Stretch of sandy beach * 355 luxurious guestrooms, suites, bungalows & villas with private pools * Lounges and terraces * Seawater landscaped pool, freshwater garden pool, children˘s pool & indoor pool with Jacuzzi * Talos Lounge Bar * Labyrinth Main Restaurant with no smoking area * Barbarossa a la carte Fish Restaurant * Golden Dragon-Asian Dining * Ariadne Pool Brasserie * Altamira Restaurant- Al Fresco Seafood * Caretta Caretta Beach Bar * Kafenion ˇThe Beautiful Hellas˘ * Agreco Farm, unique culinary experience * King Minos Multifunction Area * Tasty Corner kids˘ free dining * Grecoland * Children˘s Playground * Elixir Beauty Spa, Anne Semonin Experience & Ayurveda Center * Hairdresser Salon * Charisma Jewellery Shop * Sunstores holiday boutique * Fifty-fifty Boutiques * Doron Society * Church * Conference Facilities * Water Sport Center * Tennis Courts * Card room * Games area * TV-Video room * Parking
* Guest Relations Office & Privilege Club services * Multi lingual staff * Reception/Concierge services include: Messages, Car Rental / Excursions, Airline information, Bank-Exchange, Credit cards, Porter * Dry cleaning-laundry * Daily and Twice daily maid service * Medical Aid Room Medical Care (on call 24-hours) Chemist 4km/Hospital 7 kms. * Room service * Day & evening entertainment * Business services - Internet Corner, Wi-Fi Internet-upon charge (Free for Privilege Club Members) * Postal Services - Express Courier Service
WINING & DINING
The Grecotel Creta Palace now boasts 10 Restaurants and Bars, many of which serve fresh organic produce from the healthy Cretan soil.
RESTAURANTS & BARS
LABYRINTH Atrium Restaurant
Located in the main building with impressive atrium and water features serving early continental breakfast from 05:00. Show cooking, gourmet buffet with fitness food, Cretan corner with traditional products and local herb teas. Dinner includes 5 courses with a wide selection of cold and warm starters, salads, cheese and deserts from hot and cold buffet. Serving Mediterranean, vegetarian and international dishes.
Open for: Breakfast and Dinner Cuisine Type: International
BARBAROSSA A la Carte Fish Restaurant
Catch the Aegean breeze at this wonderful fish restaurant located near the beach. Savour the catch of the day and succulent sea food in the al fresco dining area. From authentic Greek lobster spaghetti to mouth-watering Mediterranean selections Barbarossa is sea dining with stylish simplicity.
Discover trendy Asian cuisine, passionate in red and stylishly exciting. Serving oriental delicacies cooked to order, Golden Dragon features modern twists on Eastern favourites.
Open for: Dinner Cuisine Type: Asian
Al Fresco Dining
After sunset Altamira evolves into a relaxed, laid back venue, offering breathtaking sea views and the finest island hospitality. Enjoy delicious barbeque flavours in the al fresco dining area, or simply soak up the atmosphere whilst tasting a tempting Cretan sweet.
Open for: Dinner (High season, depending on weather conditions) Cuisine Type: Finger Food
KAFENION Authentic Greek Coffee House
Typical Greek village Kafenion (Coffee House), located beside the church in the bungalow village. A uniquely rewarding experience with a selection of Ouzo, Raki and other local drinks to accompany the local ˇmezze˘ (hors d˘oeuvres). It is a living museum to the Greek heritage - from an antique ice-cooled fridge to newspapers dating back to 1950. Enjoy your evening tasting local delicacies before dining al fresco in one of the award-winning restaurants.
PRINCESS ARIADNE All Day Brasserie Order a drink or light meal from Ariadne, the poolside Brasserie and luxuriate in its casual ambience. Located beside the main pool and overlooking the sea. An assortment of delicious Greek and International lunches, snacks, sandwiches, fresh salads served all day long. Special menus for children. A la Carte choice is also available.
Open for: All day Cuisine Type: Greek and International
KING MINOS Theme Restaurant This open-air restaurant is the home of the evening special events programme. The sumptuous dinners range from Lobster Dinners, Barbecue, Fish Festival and Cretan Evening accompanied by live entertainment.
AGRECO FARM Cretan Organic Dining
Selected as the “Best Organic Restaurant” according to Vanity Fair publication of Best List 2009.
No trip to Agreco would be complete without a visit to the farm˘s Taverna, where a sumptuous six-course menu of Cretan dishes, based on the farm˘s organic produce, is matched by the view over an amphitheatre of vineyards and olive groves to the distant sea beyond.
Open for: Dinner Cuisine Type: Cretan Set menu
TALOS LOUNGE BAR Eclectic Bar with a Style Conscious Ambience
This lavish scene sets the tone for the classic chic of the all-marble lobby, framed by the Talos lounge-bar. Located in the main building lobby this brand new stylish bar with contemporary atmosphere extends onto a spacious veranda overlooking the pools and garden beyond.
CARETTA CARETTA Beach Bar
Directly on the beach, feel the sand and enjoy the feeling. Caretta Caretta offers light snacks such as ˇGreek souvlaki˘ and refreshing drinks. Enjoy an invigorating dive or simply relax in the warmth of the midday sun.
Open for: From 10:00 until 18:00 Cuisine Type: Snacks and Refreshments
KIDS DINING-ALL INCLUSIVE
* Children's high chairs, early children˘s meals and special children˘s menu are just some of our other special offers. * FREE Tasty Corner offers a constant supply of fresh, tempting food and drinks EXCLUSIVELY FOR KIDS during the Day.
FOOD & BEVERAGE HIGHLIGHTS
Regular special theme dinners in the Spectacle Restaurant - barbecue, lobster evening, fish festival etc. Weekly theme nights are also arranged in the main restaurant.
Delicious selection of original dishes & beverages are proposed on the room service menu.
USEFUL INFORMATION ABOUT THE RESTAURANTS Half board includes breakfast and lunch or dinner Family & non-smoking areas.
Gentlemen are kindly requested to wear long trousers in all hotel departments.
The sandy beach (300 meters of which is reserved for hotel use) stretches four kilometres towards the town of Rethymnon.
This beach is awarded the “Blue Flag” as complying with the directives of the European programme: water quality, environmental management, safety, services and facilities, environmental education and information
OUTDOOR POOLS 1 Large Seawater Main Pool - Area 800 m˛ 1 Fresh-water Pool - Area 200 m˛ 1 Children˘s Seawater Pool 1 Children˘s Fresh-water Paddling Pool Private pools for use by guests in Famous Class Accommodation.
INDOOR POOLS 1 Fresh-water Pool (heated October & April) - Area 110 m˛
FACILITIES: free of charge Sun beds Umbrellas Showers Beach towels
A family and sport friendly resort with an abundance of choices in the sea, land and countryside one can indulge in.
FREE OF CHARGE Morning gymnastics Aqua-gym Aerobics Beach volley Table tennis, etc.
EXTRA CHARGE Billiard Golf: Crete Golf Club (89km) Tennis: 2 courts (Astroturf), floodlit, coaching available Water Sports: Water sport activities on the beach, non-motorized, such as Windsurfing (licence provided), Pedal boats,Canoe. Possibility for motorized activities (Water-ski, Parasailing, Jet ski, Banana, Rings). Nearby Mountain bike centre: Training camp, bike tours, bike rental and servicing.
Day time activities Atelier: silk and T-shirt painting (extra charges apply for the equipment) Botanical tours
Evening Entertainment Hotel entertainment shows Folklore shows Dancing & much more.
EXCURSIONS Selection of excursions & tours available
Guests staying at Creta Palace should not miss the visit to the Agreco Farm at the Adele Village nearby.
2.000m˛ of Body Pampering:
The NEW sea-front Elixir Beauty Spa with Anne Semonin Therapies & the NEW authentic Indian Ayurveda Center.
Step into a brand new temple of senses and aroma, where time is left behind and a new journey begins. With the classic French touch of the famous cosmetic house of Anne Semonin featuring unique treatments, designed to be “tailor made” and focused towards maximum comfort, absolute luxury and outstanding results.
Now also available is the NEW Indian Ayurveda Center with face & body treatments from Indian therapists. Escape from the pressures of everyday life in the new indoor pool hand-laid with jet black mosaics, work out in the pool-view gym with state of the art equipment or rediscover your senses & rest your mind in the Jacuzzi sun patio.
NEW: Ayurveda Center with treatments performed by Indian therapists
Dr Rajesh, Ayurveda doctor at Olympia Riviera Resort, explains why Ayurveda, the science of life, is relevant in our hectic lifestyles.